Toxicodendron radicans (Poison ivy)
- Rubus aboriginum — Garden dewberry
- R. allegheniensis — Allegheny blueberry
- R. arbutus — Sawtooth blueberry
- R. caesius — European dewberry
- R. cuneifolius — Sand blueberry
I should be able to make a final determination when the berries ripen.
Our premature spring in Northern Virginia showed off its harbingers almost side by side:
The tiny promise of warmer days, Crocus Chryanthus.
And summer’s threat of weeds unending, Cardamine hirsuta, the hairy bittercress.
And so we take the bitter with the sweet.