Lambs ear (Stachys byzantina)
Toxicodendron radicans (Poison ivy)
I identified last week’s Something Bright flower as poison ivy. That was not correct, as several of my smart followers pointed out.
All agree it is a type of berry, but I am still working to identify it. The options include:
- Rubus aboriginum — Garden dewberry
- R. allegheniensis — Allegheny blueberry
- R. arbutus — Sawtooth blueberry
- R. caesius — European dewberry
- R. cuneifolius — Sand blueberry
I should be able to make a final determination when the berries ripen.
First rose of the season, taken a week ago. (Rosa) And, yes, it’s still raining.
Cinnamon fern (Osmundastrum cinnamomeum)
Solomon’s seal or King Solomon’s-seal (Polygonatum)
Lesser periwinkle, dwarf periwinkle, small periwinkle, common periwinkle, myrtle or creeping myrtle. Take your pick. (Vinca minor)