Coreopsis, also calliopsis and tickseed. (Coreopsis)
I identified last week’s Something Bright flower as poison ivy. That was not correct, as several of my smart followers pointed out.
All agree it is a type of berry, but I am still working to identify it. The options include:
- Rubus aboriginum — Garden dewberry
- R. allegheniensis — Allegheny blueberry
- R. arbutus — Sawtooth blueberry
- R. caesius — European dewberry
- R. cuneifolius — Sand blueberry
I should be able to make a final determination when the berries ripen.